Thursday, December 18, 2008

Catchin Up

Well, it seems like a lot has happened since I last posted, probably because it was like four months ago. Anyways, here is a semi-quick recap of the last few months....

Bailey was a bunny for Halloween. Her costume was a little small for her but we made it work.
We started building our shop. In these pictures we are putting the floor heat in. Bailey thought it was a real fun jungle gym.

We got a new milk cow. Our holstein, Daisy Duke, tried to trample John to death one night.
So I talked John into trading her in for a jersey. This is Lori Darlin and she is much sweeter than Daisy. John also got the automatic milker set up so we are in business. If you want to take a step back in time just come over to our place. We drink A LOT of milk and we also figured a milk cow could be considered a form of food storage.
This is the fridge in the barn. The neighbors just take a gallon and leave a buck.
We got our shop framed and John started putting the tin on the roof...
then he fell off and crushed his heel bone. He had to have surgery a couple of weeks ago. They put three plates and nine screws in it. He is doing pretty good considering. It drives him nuts that he can't go outside and work though. Bailey drags books to him all day to read to her.
Our ward, neighbors, and friends have been so helpful. They milk the cow, feed the cows and horses, pack the wood in (the mutual also had an activity and chopped and stacked all of our firewood), and finished putting the roof on our shop. We really couldn't live in a better area and we are so grateful.

Bailey also celebrated her first birthday a couple weeks ago. She got real spoiled.
She was really proud of her new pink boots.
Just a few more pictures I thought were cute.
Merry Christmas!!

8 comments:

Tiffany said...

Do you really wear white pants on the farm? You are BRAVE!!! Bailey's hair is so cute in her birthday pictures!

Unknown said...

How stinkin cute. I'm glad to see you got things updated. What happen to John? We need to get together again. Jailee misses her red-headed friend.

Lori Killian said...

I can't believe how long it has been since we have gotten together!!! So much has happened. I'm sorry about John. How long does he have to wear the case for? Well I miss you. Call me so we can get together. Oh, and please tell me you didn't name the cow after me!!!

Jalaine Lassek said...

Happy Birthday Bailey! :) She is so cute!

Dan & Brooke said...

Love the up-dated blog! We miss you guys! Hope you had a good Christmas.

Rishelle said...

I was just thinking I should update my blog and then I thought naw..I'll wait until Lacy updates hers and low and behold you did!! I didn't know you got a Jersey? I feel like you left me in the dark. And Bailey is so cute. I LOVE her hair. Is it curly? I couldn't tell from the pics. Love ya.

apriltime said...

Wow! We love all the pictures! Keep posting - my favorites are the picture of Bailey with her hair done all curly for her birthday and the picture of Bailey sitting with John reading books. Miss you guys! April and Travis

Jeff, Traci and Kaden said...

Lacy, it's been so long! Like 4 years long! Your little girl is so adorable! I'm glad to see that you guys are doing great.